Radius Safety Guide
- Safe workplaces and environments.
- Safe systems of work.
- Skilled staff to enable work to be carried out safely.
- Raise awareness throughout the business.
- Practicable steps to prevent environmental impact or personal injury.
- Ensure the health and safety of our employees, contractors, neighbours and other persons who may be affected by our activities, where practicable.
- Continually train staff with current legislations in line with our industry.
- Supply our staff with the highest quality (PPE) to carry out their roles.
Service & Inspections
We know that a major part of keeping our crews safe, is to keep our tower cranes in perfect condition.We service our tower cranes every 6-8 weeks; the industry standard is every 12 weeks. Increasing site efficiency and productivity is music to the ears of any Commercial Director. With an exemplary track record in tower crane ‘Up-Time’ we can assure you that by hiring our high-quality cranes and diligent crew, we will increase and maximise your production time.
We ensure that no tower cranes, vehicles, or equipment are operated unless they are safe and roadworthy. We are proud to maintain FORS Silver for our commercial fleet of vehicles. Regular site inspections are carried out by both independent assessors and internal staff on a regular basis across the business. We are constantly looking at how we can continually improve our business processes to maintain and improve our ISO 9001:2015, ISO 14001:2015 and ISO 45001:2018 management systems.
Despite our achievements, we are not complacent, and we always strive to improve. To this end, we are constantly training our workforce. All of our site supervisors are SSSTS (Site Supervisor Safety Training Scheme) qualified. We also make sure that our site management teams undertake the SMSTS (Site Management Supervisor Safety Training Scheme) training. These courses are not mandatory, however we insist our teams are as fully equipped as possible to undertake their roles. Many of our site supervisors and contract managers have also undertaken IOSH Managing Safety training.
We know that looking after our staff’s well-being when at work is very important. Whether they are on-site, in head office, or working remotely, we make sure that there is somebody available to talk to, should they become overwhelmed. We have three certified mental health first aiders, and we work hard to remove the stigma around talking about our feelings. We encourage our staff to talk sooner rather than later as it may prevent them from becoming more unwell, we also have an Employee Advice Programme available to our colleagues and their loved ones.
Safer with Radius
Continual learning is critical to allowing our crews to make their own safe choices and challenge the environment in which they work. For example, we provide training at our tower crane manufacturer’s depot, making sure our workforce have the most up to date knowledge of the equipment they are handling. Going above and beyond what is legally required.
7 Tips of Prevention
- Ensure a safe and healthy system – be well-organised, look at the foreseeable events.
- Ensure safety and health in machines, equipment and workplaces.
- Take leadership – demonstrate commitment.
- Identify hazards – control risks.
- Define targets – develop programmes.
- Improve qualifications – develop competence.
- Invest in people – motivate by participation.