Radius, always ahead of the game
Radius Group is the first lifting provider in the UK to operate a tower crane using a teleoperated ground control system. Staying one step ahead of the competition, and offering cutting-edge solutions to complex lifts, is something Radius Group excels at. Now with the introduction of the Skyline Cockpit, we are taking the crane and construction industry to a whole new level!
Better Health & Wellbeing
The smart way to operate
The Skyline Cockpit transforms the traditional operator’s cabin into a “smart” computerized cockpit, allowing for the first time to remotely control and manage the operation of the cranes with innovative technology and advanced camera systems.
From the comfort and safety of an on-site spacious ground cabin and a peripheral wide-screen which replicates the panoramic operators cabin view, the crane operator can operate the tower crane using a system based on advanced technological developments, artificial intelligence (AI) and augmented reality (AR). Using the system’s input, the operator can precisely identify where the crane’s hook will land, as well as receive indications regarding crane height, load weight, wind speed and direction, work speed and more. In addition, Skyline Cockpit can detect any tower crane discrepancies and immediately address them through preventive maintenance.
What are the advantages of Skyline Cockpit?
- Improved operator wellbeing
- Eliminating the operator’s need to climb
- Enhanced working/sitting position
- Accessible to operators with physical disabilities
- Attracting a younger generation of operators
- Preventing and minimizing risks
- Shortening construction/production times/schedules
- Increasing operator’s safety and safety on site
- Saving 1 hour a day operation time
- Enabling operators to complete tasks faster
- Improving visibility of the site
- Improved communication with the team